Thursday, May 26, 2011

Red and Black - Barbados Music Awards

I'm a few months late, but better late than never.The Barbados Music Awards has been held in Barbados annually since 2005, and this would have been my first time going to this event. Now I knew this would be a "dress affair" and all the ladies shined in their gorgeous $600 dresses, dripping jewels and 5 inch heels. I confess I felt a tad bit under dressed lol, but I still loved my outfit. I had this little gem of a Torrid dress stored away for two years. I bought it knowing full well it was a size or 2 too small, but I liked it so much I had to have it for when it finally could, and I so happened to try it on this time around and it fit. FYI the bust of the dress was stitched up about 3 inches as this was a very low cut dress.

The show was very well done. I did not know many of the awardee's and I confess to never hearing some of the singers before, but everyone seemed deserving of their respective awards and performed very well .Faith Evans was the guest performer and she sang some of her most popular songs from the past,and even though she did not dress the part, her singing was awesome! Maybe I'll be there next year and hopefully Tamia will come next time as was promised.




 and of course I had to include a photo of how I did my nails and the bling lol.

and here's a blurry pic of Faith Evans singing, unfortunately this was the best shots I could get.



Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment