Friday, June 3, 2011

JOHN the LEGEND! Outfit of the Night


I attended the first and hopefully not last John Legend Concert in Barbados a little while back. The concert was amazing, from the beautifully dressed gymnasium full of people, to the backup dancers/singers and entertainment. I was not feeling very well that night, in fact I felt terrible, but after popping some meds down my throat and putting on a good face, I decided to venture out. I got there late unfortunately and missed quite abit of Masala 7's performance while waiting in the long line outside. I wondered who were these people singing Lady Antebellum's "I need you now"?. They sound really really good, I thought to myself. It wasn't until I finally got inside that I realized just how good they were. Barbados has talent, that's no doubt and Internationally worthy talent at that.

 After Masala 7 left the stage, there was a short intermission of about 20 - 30 minutes while the stage equipment and instruments were set up. I was just about to get up and go to the bathroom when John suddenly walked out on the stage and the crowd started to scream. Now what can I say about John Legend. Handsome, check. Smooth Sexy vocals..oh yes indeed. Not only did John look the part in slim fitting pants, black skinny tee shirt coupled with a gray vest, but his singing and performance really moved me. I knew many of the songs, and everyone sang along to the popular songs "Ordinary People" and "Everybody Knows", and many of them I also heard for the very first time, but every single one was good.  Now I could not sing along like everyone else since I lost my voice and be jumping up and down like they were, but I enjoyed myself immensely. I can still hear that song "Good morning...good morning love" in my head.

Oh what a night.

The "warm" outfit I wore that night.



I did not get many pictures that night unfortunately, and the camera had a mind of it's own.

Thanks for looking :)

4 comments:

  1. i am in LOVE with that dress! you have such a great shape and i adore looking at your outfits!

    http://loveshinesthru.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks so much, I am very flattered. The dress is Evans Animal Print tulip dress.

    Off to check out your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely beautiful!! I love your natural hair and you have such a gorgeous curvy figure! That dress with the belt is so pretty on you! Thank you for your sweet comment! My husband and I are planning a trip to the Caribbean next year. We would love to visit Barbados! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh...you are gorgeous diva..and your working that dress! You look great! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment!

    http://Full-FiguredDiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete