Thursday, June 2, 2011

Skin 79 Hot Pink Super BB cream on Black/Dark/Tanned skin



So..all of my friends who know me personally, know how much I love Korean dramas. Therefore it is not surprising that I am also a fan of their jewelry and beauty products. Now I have been hearing about BB cream for over a year now and even though it is marketed for very fair white skin (i.e Korean girls), I figured I could work some magic and get it to work. BB cream is all the rage in asian countries right now, especially in Korea. It is praised as a triple action sunscreen,foundation,whitener. I'm not looking for it to change my complexion, but if it can fade my acne scars..Yeahh!

When I received the bottle, first thing I had to do was verify it's authenticity, just to make sure I was not getting a counterfeit version, and yup it's real!

The packaging is so cute, and fairly sturdy so I am sure if I drop it everything should be fine. The product itself is very  soft creamy and extremely easy to blend. I tested it as soon as I got it, and one press of the bump gave a nice pea sized amount. The cream was a off white color with a slight grey tint, and I feared I would look quite ashen and sickly, but alas it blended in fairly nicely to my skin, but did appear 'brighter'?. The next time around I tried mixing equal parts with Revlon Colorstay foundation in Cappuccino. Now I love this foundation, but the color is abit dark and red for my skin, so I figured why not mix with this. Well the result was an almost identical match to my skin, and it gave me an extremely dewy appearance. It was cute, but I think the dewy finish looks better on people with flawless skin without acne scarring so I dusted a little of Mac's Mineralize Skin Finish  over it.

I am going to test it out for a week and review with photos later. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it softens and generally  improves the look of my skin.


There are other BB creams out there, some darker than others, but all are usually within the beige range, so anyone darker than a Mac NC 45/ NW 45, or Nutmeg in Black opal will need to mix with a foundation to avoid a gray cast.

Thanks for looking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment