Friday, May 20, 2011

Dinner at Hilton Hotel - Some of favourite outfits from the past. (Part 3)

Dinner at the Hilton. Now this is what we call a dress affair here. As long as you hear dinner at the Hilton, expect to see all the ladies and gents decked out in their finest, sparkling from head to toe. Even I tried a little thing or two, but I kept my bling to a minimum as expected. I had won this adrianna papell dress awhile back on ebay, and while I did not LOVE it, there was something about it that called to me. When I first tried it out..it was soo blahh..but then I had an idea..why not cut the bottom layer of the dress and make flutter sleeves? I'm short anyhow, standing 5 feet 2.5 inches (I must claim every inch I can lol), and doing that was the perfect solution. Before the dress fit like a sack with no shape, and was a tad too long. After the simple alteration I was in love, and wished I could find this style in every color.

So first of, I am going to show you what the dress looked like as advertised on Nordstrom. Looking at it now..I see why I got it for a mere $30US on ebay.


Now here is what it looks like on me, after the last layer was cut off and added to the sleeves. I felt beautiful that night, and was even brave enough to try these green shoes I borrowed from my mom. I bought them as a gift for her, but they did not fit..they fit me..but..after an hour I was nearly dead. My feet never hurt so bad and I breathed a sign of relief when the dinner was over and I could take them off and sit down lol.








I probably would have worn different shoes then knowing what I know, but everyone loved them, so I guess the unusual torture was worth it?

Close up of the shoes, bag, and the feather clip I made to match with the shoes.

lol, my nails and ring were matching too.

 








Thanks for looking! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment